How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a rental property in Footscray, Vic. I have had it 2

Customer Question

I have a rental property in Footscray, Vic.
I have had it for nearly 2 years.
There are 10 units attached to building.
Recent guttering works have resulted in severe damage to my unit and the one above.
This has only been brought to my attention recently by property manager and tenants.
The body corporate has known and 6 weeks later they hve done nothing as a result the damage has worsened.
The tenants now want to leave as they feel it is dangerous.
I will be out of rental income.
What can I do?
The body corporate are no closer to commencing work.
I'm not sure what to do and how to act on this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Was the problem caused by a decision of the strata or by the contractor?