Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My 10 year old son has just been diagnosed with 30% kidney…

Customer Question
Hi my 10 year old...
Hi my 10 year old son has just been diagnosed with 30% kidney function 3 weeks ago
But we just told that when i took him in to another hospital 4 years ago they ran a bloods etc and it showed he had only 60% kidney function but we were never told of this and he was never referred to a specialist is that negligence as i am seriously upset as we may have been able to slow it or stop it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/3/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
In such circumstances, its a massive variance, it is double what was originally diagnosed.
Thus, I would suggest negligence.
BUT
You need to have with you, a medical report confirming that it would have been known that your son had 60% and it would have been foreseeable but a doctor.
Once that is provided, then you can have a claim against the doctor.
At the present time, clearly your son needs you, but get a doctor to provide the report, then seek a solicitor to make a claim for negligence.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?

Please rate my service and click ACCEPT. I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also