Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have a property in my and my wife's name in NSw with

Customer Question
We have a property...

We have a property in my and my wife's name in NSw with mortgagae. I want to take my name off. how do I do it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I will be going overseas for indefinite time to take care of my old parents

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/3/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
I am a Solicitor here in NSW.
You need to get your wife consent from the bank to refinance and then have a property settlement (basically the same settlement as selling a home) to have your name removed and for the home to in your wife's name solely.

It is a simple procedure. BUT She needs the banks ok, that is the first thing. Once she has finance approved to have capacity to pay, then it is quite a smooth process.

Is there any further assistance I can be off?

Please click ACCEPT and leave feedback. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.