Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just found out I have warrants in nsw under $5000 from…

Customer Question
I just found out I...
I just found out I have warrants in nsw for fraud under $5000 from 2007 what should I do
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/3/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Wait till Monday, hand yourself in to a police station very first thing in the morning.
The police will need to take you in, however you will be taken to a court to apply for a bail application, which will be granted for such offences.
If you did do it, you can plead guilty on the day and be subject to a fine and or bond and to pay the amount.
I would not be terribly concerned. Just do it first thing so there is ample time to have you brought into court. Otherwise if you go too late, the police will keep you in custody overnight.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also