How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you please advise if i am able to make a claim against

Customer Question

can you please advise if i am able to make a claim against my deceased ex-husband's estate? I am the recipient of a Centrelink Pension and unfortunately would not have any funds to put towards retaining a Solicitor to begin this, and would appreciate any advise you can give me. thank you
Desley Brooker
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

In order to try to assist you I will need to know a little more about your situation:

How long have you been divorced and did you have a property settlement arising out of the divorce?

Did you have any children together?

What was your relationship with your ex like after you divorced?