Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can you please advise if i am able to make a claim against…

Customer Question
can you please advise if...
can you please advise if i am able to make a claim against my deceased ex-husband's estate? I am the recipient of a Centrelink Pension and unfortunately would not have any funds to put towards retaining a Solicitor to begin this, and would appreciate any advise you can give me. thank you
Desley Brooker
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/3/2016
Solicitor: Patrick H., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question.

In order to try to assist you I will need to know a little more about your situation:

How long have you been divorced and did you have a property settlement arising out of the divorce?

Did you have any children together?

What was your relationship with your ex like after you divorced?

Thanks,

Patrick