Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am wanting to know if there is anyway that I can clear an…

Customer Question
My name is***** am...

My name is***** am wanting to know if there is anyway that I can clear an assault conviction? It was a minor offence and it happened just under 5 years ago. I need to clear my record due to trying to apply for full time work. This offence happened in South Australia. I now live in Melbourne

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/2/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Depending on your sentence and the severity of the offence it may be able to be spent.

You have to wait 10 years and during that time have no further conviction.

Once you have 10 years clear then the conviction is spent.

Here is some information.

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/sa/spent-conviction/

It has to be done in SA

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards