Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do you give advice on family finances in separation and

Customer Question
Do you give advice on...
Do you give advice on family finances for children in separation and divorce
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/2/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

hello
He cannot claim any further money / assets from you as the limitation period to make a claim, under
family law. In respect of child support, heres the issue, custody is 50/50, under child support provisions.

All you can do here is have him sign a binding financial child support agreement to have him pay at the very least the private school fees.
Other than that, all you can do is reduce the time the children spend with the father, and have the child support agency chase him, which of course is not the best for the children.

all the best

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.