Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My partner has been charged with carriage service ... this…

Customer Question
My partner has been...

My partner has been charged with carriage service ... this was after a whole series of mitigating circumstances caused by me. Basically the Avo applied on my behalf by the police is being dropped however for some reason the charge is being heard in the Commonwealth court and our lawyer seems to think a section 10 is unattainable and that the police are seeking a good behaviour bond. Trouble is he is here on a student visa which expires in July where we were planning to apply for a partner visa. He has had no prior criminal charges or convictions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The calls and texts were taken from my phone whilst in the presence of the police. They did ask for a video submission, can I revoke this? Also, is there any way for this matter to be heard in the local court? The AVO was applied for on my behalf, I have personally made submissions to provide detail on the matter however the police are still pursuing the case. This whole thing was my fault however we have resolved our relationship, is there any way to have this dropped?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/2/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

He has to be charged with a criminal offence not just an avo.

Were you assaulted?

When you say Commonwealth court do you mean the District Court?