Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I WAS ISSUED WITH AN INFRINGEMENT NOTICE AND WHEN I ADVISE…

Customer Question
I WAS ISSUED WITH...

I WAS ISSUED WITH AN INFRINGEMENT NOTICE AND WHEN I ADVISE TRHAT I WAS GOING TO CHALLANGE THE NOTICE I RECEIVED NOTIFICATION FROM QUEENSLAN POLICE SERVICES THAT THE ORIGINAL INFRINGEMENT NOTICE WAS WITH DRAWN BECAUSE THE OFFENCE DETAILS WERE WITHDRAWN AS THEY WERE INCORRECTLY RECORDED AND I WAS ISSUED WITH A NEW INFRINGEMENT NOTICE

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

NO I CANNOT AFFORD A LAWYER

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

I HAVE NOW RECEIVED A SUMMONS TO APPEAR IN COURT ON THE 22ND OF MARCH NEXT

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
What was stated on the new infringement? Is it different to the original one?

same words on both infringement notices "proceed through a red traffic light"
the summons that i have received says "failed to stop at a red traffic light"

Hello
Well it is the same offence sadly. A court will allow the amendment.
All you can do at this point now is either plead guilty of fight the matter in court.

What assistance can we be of?

how much would it cost for representation?
the officer that made the booking said to me at the time "you did stop at the red traffic light but you proceeded?"

We do not attend court, but give information online.
I do however represent a lot of people in your situation in practice.
What I would strongly suggest is that you obtain a copy of the video footage if any immediately.
If it does show you driving across the line when the light was red, then plead guilty.
If not, then ask the police to again withdraw the charge.

Please rate my service. I am able to answer further questions without further charge also.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.