Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I was married in Fiji to a Fijian citizen on November 12…

Customer Question
I was married in...

I was married in Fiji to a Fijian citizen on November 12 2013. We separated on March 6 2015. Do I have to go to Fiji to lodge the divorce papers? Also we have a child. Can I apply for a divorce with custody arrangements?

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

He is not paying child support but other than that nothing that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
If you reside in Australia, you can lodge the divorce here.
As it has been 12 months now, you can lodge it here. Quite easy, here is the details:
http://www.familycourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fcoaweb/forms-and-fees/court-forms/diy-kits/kit-application-for-divorce

Please rate my service and click accept. I am able to answer questions after accepting also.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.