Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My ex was charged with public nuisance and he thinks i can…

Customer Question
My ex was charged...

My ex was charged with public nuisance and he thinks i can get them dropped is this true?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He came to my house drunk and banged on my door (which he also bent the door handle). He wanted to see his two children and get them to stay at his house... but he was drunk I wouldn't open the door. He also said that I was spreading rumors about him down the local club. But this is not true, I don't even go to that club. I was scared for my safety and children safety. that is why I called the police.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/1/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Leon does not appear to be online atm
Which state are you located?

Generally
A person cannot withdraw charges here in Australia.
It is not like how it is on American TV shows. The Police have a duty to charge people if there is sufficient evidence.
Thus, even if you were to want to have the charges dropped, sadly you may not be able to.

In respect of what you have informed me, what happened was enough to warrant charges anyway.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also