Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My name is ***** ***** Bankes. My wifes aunty has recently…

Customer Question
Hi My name is...

Hi My name is ***** ***** Bankes. My wifes aunty has recently deceased, and she was very close to her. She was told that she was in the will as a beneficiary, but has no copy of the will to check. How does she obtain a copy of her aunties will. She lived in Labrador QLD.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My wife is requesting a copy of her aunties will

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/26/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Does she know where the will is or who the executor of the will is?

Did her aunt have a solicitor?

She does not know any details at all

Good Morning

There is no registration system for wills in Australia

She is best to contact the Public Trustee in the state that he aunt lived in and let them know she has passed away and she is checking if they hold her will.

Also contact solicitors in the area your aunt lived in.

The law society of QLD can give you names or you can search their website

http://www.qls.com.au/Home

This is what solicitors do when there is no will.

Did the aunt have any children?