Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My previous employer after 2years is holding me back from…

Customer Question
my previous employer after 2years...
my previous employer after 2years is holding me back from building my own business. im a hairdresser and worked there for 7years and in that time was taught these type of hair extensions by Vince.(this was compulsary) This brand of extensions, (Amore Hair Extensions)he is 1 of 2 directors. After 2 years i have managed to now open my own hair salon. i love doing the extensions and have a few clients who have followed me. I rang the head office to buy the concept and was sent the form to fill out which i did, but the following day was told they couldnt sell me the concept with a reason that totally contradicts their forum, and also couldnt give me any names of someone higher up to speak to. i have looked into other brands but this is what i was taught and what i want to use. He is still bitter about me leaving after 2yrs and feel he that he is holding me back due to his own personal vendetta and nothing else. im wanting to promote his brand and nothing else. over the 7yrs i had never signed any contracts either. Do i have any grounding to pursue this? please help. Michelle H
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/24/2016
Solicitor: Patrick H., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for your question.

Can you elaborate on what is special about his hair extension method/products?

Hello, I note that you have seen but not responded to my query.

I'm sure I can assist you in understanding your options, but I do need to understand the nature of the extensions to ascertain whether restricted form using these extensions without your former employer's permission.