Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am currently fighting facs nsw and have a court case on…

Customer Question
hi i am currently fighting...
hi i am currently fighting facs nsw and have a court case on wednesday. Facs had started a restoration process on 25th january and we have attended a court clinical assessment that concluded immediate restoration. Facs however are trying to get police involved to charge us with negligence of our son. we have not yet been contacted by police or jirt. i need an advice as to what to do as i donot have a legal representation.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
just to give an update to the whole situation. my son burnt his arm by pulling a hot cup of tea from the kitchen bench. we rushed him to hospital and he was discharge the same night. we followed the treatment at the hospital 2 days later. We however missed 2 appointments at the hospital because we wanted to treat him with manuka honey instead, doctors reported us to facs and they took my son. it has been 6 weeks since the treatment has been done but facs is still not giving him back. we donot have any history with facs. We are law abiding citizens that have no criminal history.
2/20/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

You cannot miss medical appointments to try and use your own homeopathic treatments. This can be seen as abuse and the courts will hold it against you.

The law does not recognise these treatments and neither will the medical fraternity.

You should contact legal aid and get assistance.

You have a problem because the hospital has concerns that the child was not looked after appropriately and your actions to not have him treated and you to treat him yourself is going to be an issue.

It all depends on how bad the burn was and how well he has recovered.

Bit speak to legal aid.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards