How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I wish to obtain proof of the issue of my drivers

Customer Question

i wish to obtain proof of the issue of my drivers licence,First issued in Cunderdin, western australia june 1975.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your inquiry.

Neither the police nor the Department of Transport maintain a public register recording licensing beyond 5 years ago. Whilst there is little doubt they will have such records in archives somewhere there is no standard way to apply for a copy of old records of this type.

However, because the records almost certainly exist within government archives you should be able to obtain copies via a freedom of information request which you can read about here:

Unfortunately, be aware that you would be obliged to pay the governments reasonable costs in tracking down such a record.

I trust the above assists.



Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.


I note it has been some time since I povided my answer to you, but you haven't rated my answer yet and am wondering if there is anything further I can do for you to ensure a positive rating.