Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have a supplier who is looking to send out invoices that

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a supplier who is looking to send out invoices that relate to 2010/2011. They haven't previously sent out any invoices for the work done. Is there a time limitation for sending out invoices? Lyn
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I have just been notified that they are looking at sending out the invoice.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: It was for maintenance on fire equipment in an office. The fire equipment suppliers forgot to send out the invoice, and have been looking over their records and realised that their accounts clerk had missed sending out many invoices over the years - he no longer works for them.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

There is a time limit of 6 years to chase the payment.

Any invoice issued more than 6 years is out of time and you can refuse to pay it. They will not be able to sue because of the limitation period.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards