Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife has provided a false statement to obtain an AVDO…

Customer Question
Anderson. My wife has...

Anderson. My wife has provided a false statement to obtain an AVDO against me. Which means I haven't been able to to my children. Also my Firearms licence has been suspended, which means I haven't been able to work as a Cash In Transit Officer. I can prove the Statement is false. Am I able to have her charged for making a false statement?. And can I sue for lost income and legal costs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What else would you like to know?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/13/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to defend the ADVO and show the court by cross examining her that she lied.

Have you accepted the ADVO or is it still going to court?