Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Evening, I need some legal advice regarding compensation…

Customer Question
Evening, I need some legal...
Evening, I need some legal advice regarding compensation for my injuries. Firstly I was raped by a fellow colleague in another country in a hotel in LA. The whole case was dealt with underhanded. I was forced to do a statement with one junior inexperienced manager without proper legal advice while on Valium back in Austalia and without represenion and rest. At that stage I hadn't even spoken to my family. The perpetrator was put into jail for 24 hours and then released because the union may have bailed him out, or the company managed to negotiate some sort of deal underhanded to stop themselves going into disrepute. I lost money, and was left with a psychological injury, eventually leading to poor health. I tried to get on with my life with psychological counselling. I put myself into university to occupy my thoughts hoping it would all die down and I could eventually leave my work place. I am still employed by my company. Recently 2 years later after the incident I was informed the other party is sueing the company for compensation by a friend and that the other party is claiming he has ptsd from the 24 hours in jail. Because the case was civil my name is ***** ***** the transcript with a large amount of deformation and slander. There is also sensitive information regarding the rape. The courier mail then got hold of it and embellished the whole transcrip by making claims that he was faulty accused and that I was in a drucken state. All of this has left me in a state of distress where I have lost the will to live. I believe the company closed the case with two different stories to appease each one of us. My other stress is that he was allowed to receive all the reports from staff involved in the LA case including my report and I wasn't given the same opportunity. Lastly his psychologist was given my account of the evening and I asked if my forensic psychiatrist could have the same reports the company said this is not possible. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you report it to the police in LA?

Was this during a work function?

Did you make a claim for workers compesnation?