Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a rental property the roof leaked & damaged the

Customer Question
ceiling the insurance co have...
I have a rental property the roof leaked & damaged the ceiling the insurance co have agreed to repair same, if a report as to what caused the entry of the water & what repairs undertaken to
prevent further problem, they request this to be from a roofing company, when requesting a quote to repair roof they informed me that the whole roof needed to be replaced,
I have been a plumber 62yrs & have enough experience installing & repairing roofing so I inspected the roof noted the cause 2 rust holes where the sheets overlap I underlapped that section which is standard practice if the rest of the sheets are sound, there has been no problem since, The insurance co seem not to accept my capabilities & insists that a report be furnished please advise Thank You Bill Timms
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have a conflict of interest as it is your claim and you cannot give the report. It has to be from an independent contractor that has not conflict.

Do you know of anyone that can provide the report?