Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Our neighbours wish to erect a mesh fence (1.2m) gh on the…

Customer Question
Our neighbours wish to erect...
Our neighbours wish to erect a mesh fence (1.2m) high on the boundary line (82m), we understand the needs of our neighbour who has small children and we back onto a creek. The problem is our boundary runs at an acute angle to the driveway which is exposed to ourselves, not the neighbour, as there is high hedge (3m) on their side, separating the properties. We have had one only meeting and all solutions presented by us have been totally ignored. Three hand written quotes have been submitted, with no consultation with us and they are demanded we pay equal share. Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is the current fence and what do you want?

If you cannot agree you should follow the act and go to a community legal centre

http://www5.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/nsw/consol_act/dfa1991137/s12.html