Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife was caught unregistered vehicle in Queensland, we…

Customer Question
My wife was caught...

My wife was caught unregistered vehicle in Queensland, we have never missed a rego payment and paid 2 other vehicles when due at the same time as the 3rd - some how missed and cant recall a final warning letter? she has been summons to court - do we need a lawyer as the fine will be bad enough - we don't want a conviction recorded ...she has no previous

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No - but I feel we should

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?

We have never missed a payment , also we got the appropriate checks and paid the rego within 3 hrs of finding out we were not registered

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. Got it. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/11/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is thenis the first time this has happened? How late is the payment? Have you now paid it?

1st time
5 months - as they have removed stickers last year as well : we paid within 3 hrs of the police booking and the car was legally back on the road

Good Evening

So it is now paid before you go to court?

You can have a solicitor represent her and provide an explanation to the court and also show it has now been rectified and ask for leniency.

Alternatively if she feels confident enough to speak for herself she can do it.

There is no need to have a solicitor represent her.

I hope this makes sense?