Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Ive been summonds to federal circuit court but wasn't given…

Customer Question
hi ive been summonds to...
hi ive been summonds to federal circuit court for bankruptcy but wasn't given the summons personally where do I stand
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/3/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to be personally served unless they have an order for substituted service.

If you are disputing the summons you have to file a response.

Do not do this on your own because it is all procedural and the slightest error would result in the order being granted.

Have you been served with a creditors petition?