Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Should all business's including every Australian Disability…

Customer Question
Should all business's including every...
Should all business's including every Australian Disability Enterprise provide 100% salary payments for both Maternity & Paternity leave?
If this is the case how long should both Staff & Employees be granted
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
2/2/2016
Solicitor: Patrick H., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer

That is not the case at this time. Whilst a fairly comprehensive paid maternity scheme is being comtemplated by the Federal Government it is not yet become law, and may not ultimately eventuate given the budgetary pressure the government appears to be under. Whilst there is some entitlement to paid maternity leave for some employees, it is considerably less than 100% of pay and is generally limited to the primary carer.

You can read about maternity and paternity leave entitlements here:

https://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/maternity-and-parental-leave/paid-parental-leave

I trust the above assists your understanding, but for more detailed advice you should contact the Fair Work Ombudsman.

Good luck and PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER.

Thanks,

Patrick

I have tried to assist you but have received no feedback.

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER as I am only paid for my time and effort if you give a positive rating.

Thank you,

Patrick