Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to ask about that if my male friend wanna get married…

Customer Question
Hello, I want to ask...
Hello, I want to ask about that if my male friend jack wanna get married with Aussie single mum . According to My male friend didn't have got any Au PR or citizenship now. In the other words, if Jack married with this single mum, from legal perspective, my friend Jack need to take responsibility for her child when they get married with each in the future ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
I want to ask more question , if jack should take responsibility for her child and how to take responsibility and what should jack to do ?
2/1/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

He would not be liable to look after her children unless he adopted them.

The responsibility for the children until they are 18 is the biological parents. After the age of 18 they are responsible for themselves.

I hope this makes sense and if of assistance. if there is nothing further

hank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards