Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am the secretary of a Committee in WA and I heard a rumour…

Customer Question
HI I am the...

HI I am the secretary of a Committee in WA and I heard a rumour that at our general meeting members are going to put up a vote of no confidence - I was looking at the rules Our constitution states that the Trustees may request a general meeting to be held at a Committee meeting, but does not make mention of members calling for a vote at the actual meeting we are holding

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Sure - in September at the AGM the members voted to sell the clubs land and buildings and to approve the Committee to do this. We received 5 good offers and have accepted the highest offer of 1.8mil (it was valued at 1.3M) The offer is walk in walk out and not subject to finance. There are some members who don't want to sell it because they like the 'dance floor' and others live close and are not happy muslims are buying it The club is run on volunteers (us the committee) and after a year of pleading with members to come and help, we put it to them in March last year that the burden has become cumbersome and unless they help, we would have to sell. at the AGM we provided for nominations to the Committee - Not one member was nominated

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/31/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to look at it and find anything that talks about removal from office.