How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the secretary of a Committee in WA and I heard a rumour

Customer Question

hI I am the secretary of a Committee in WA and I heard a rumour that at our general meeting members are going to put up a vote of no confidence - I was looking at the rules Our constitution states that the Trustees may request a general meeting to be held at a Committee meeting, but does not make mention of members calling for a vote at the actual meeting we are holding
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure - in September at the AGM the members voted to sell the clubs land and buildings and to approve the Committee to do this. We received 5 good offers and have accepted the highest offer of 1.8mil (it was valued at 1.3M) The offer is walk in walk out and not subject to finance. There are some members who don't want to sell it because they like the 'dance floor' and others live close and are not happy muslims are buying it The club is run on volunteers (us the committee) and after a year of pleading with members to come and help, we put it to them in March last year that the burden has become cumbersome and unless they help, we would have to sell. at the AGM we provided for nominations to the Committee - Not one member was nominated
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to look at it and find anything that talks about removal from office.