How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5771
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to import Jewelry from China and Indonesia, Do I need

Customer Question

Hi there, I want to import Jewelry from China and Indonesia, Do I need to just register an ABN and business name or do I need to register something more formal? I would be doing it myself and have no employees at the moment at least. I would just get the product and post it to the customers and sell them through a web page. Can I have the advice on what is it that I should do in order to pay taxes?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

You should register for an ABN as there will be tax implications as it is a business.
Do not be worried, unless you are making more than $75,000.00 a year, you need not pay or charge GST.
Issue is, if you have issue with customers and the like, they will contact the ATO and harass you no end.

Set up an ABN, get registered.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
​I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.