Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

I want to import Jewelry from China and Indonesia, Do I need

Customer Question

Hi there, I want to import Jewelry from China and Indonesia, Do I need to just register an ABN and business name or do I need to register something more formal? I would be doing it myself and have no employees at the moment at least. I would just get the product and post it to the customers and sell them through a web page. Can I have the advice on what is it that I should do in order to pay taxes?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
You should register for an ABN as there will be tax implications as it is a business.
Do not be worried, unless you are making more than $75,000.00 a year, you need not pay or charge GST.
Issue is, if you have issue with customers and the like, they will contact the ATO and harass you no end.

Set up an ABN, get registered.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
​I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.