Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

, My mothers Will, she is 94 and wishes to change item…

Customer Question
My mothers Will, she...

My mothers Will, she is 94 and wishes to change item in her Will, my brother has dementia and is in a nursing home, she wants his share of the inheritance to be for his upkeep and care. But she doesn't want his wife to get anything at all as she has his power of attorney

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/27/2016
Solicitor: legalgems, Attorney replied 2 years ago
legalgems
legalgems, Attorney

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

NSW. My brother was sole executor to mum's Will and had all of her documents Deeds, bank books and many other things that my deceased father had given them. When my brother was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and dementia and put in the nursing home, we requested that all of mum documents be handed back for some unknown reason she wouldn't give it back.
It took months of asking and in the end threatening with police action and a terrible argument that has split the family and has broken mum heart, she has decided on this course of action. She has a certificate from her Doctor to say that she is capable
My sister and I have been made joint executors and Power of Attorney. Because

NSW? This is the US forum- what country?

NSW Australia
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Can your mother not draft up a new will?

Sorry, by way of introduction, I am a Solicitor here in NSW.

she can, but no one will give her advise

Well if she signs a new will, the old one is no longer relevant, null and void.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
​I am able to answer further questions after accepting.