Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

, My mothers Will, she is 94 and wishes to change item

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My mothers Will, she is 94 and wishes to change item in her Will, my brother has dementia and is in a nursing home, she wants his share of the inheritance to be for his upkeep and care. But she doesn't want his wife to get anything at all as she has his power of attorney
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NSW. My brother was sole executor to mum's Will and had all of her documents Deeds, bank books and many other things that my deceased father had given them. When my brother was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and dementia and put in the nursing home, we requested that all of mum documents be handed back for some unknown reason she wouldn't give it back.
It took months of asking and in the end threatening with police action and a terrible argument that has split the family and has broken mum heart, she has decided on this course of action. She has a certificate from her Doctor to say that she is capable
My sister and I have been made joint executors and Power of Attorney. Because
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.

NSW? This is the US forum- what country?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NSW Australia
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hello
Can your mother not draft up a new will?

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, by way of introduction, I am a Solicitor here in NSW.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she can, but no one will give her advise
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Well if she signs a new will, the old one is no longer relevant, null and void.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
​I am able to answer further questions after accepting.