Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have received a debt recovery letter in regards to a motor…

Customer Question
Hi. I have received a...
Hi. I have received a debt recovery letter in regards ***** ***** motor vehicle accident I had. However the details of the incident as stated on the letter are not correct. Specifically the location of the accident. Can this work in my favor at all?
Thanks in advance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/27/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Generally no, as the specifics of the accident can be confirmed if they try and sue you.
Even then, it can be amended.
I would spend my time trying to resolve the matter, as such errors do not change the claim or negate any claim against you sadly.

I wish I could give better news.
Please rate my service and click on the accept button.
I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
​I am able to answer further questions after accepting.