How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been married to a British citizen years now. He has

Customer Question

Hello. I am Australian and have been married to a British citizen for 8 years now. He has both Australian and British citizenship. I would like to apply for a British passport and this at all possible please? At the moment we are living in Western Australia.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

You may be eligible if you fulfill the various qualifying questions, but not one such requirement is that you normally are required to have had residency in the UK for a considerable period. The following link should explain what is needed to qualify:

I trust the above assists.

Good luck and please rate my answer.