Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Im i was left a sum of money when my father passed about 20…

Customer Question
Hi im josh i was...
Hi im josh i was left a sum of money when my father passed about 20 years ago i recived a small part of it I was told i would get the rest later but have never heard a thing since
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
How do i go about finding this money and getting it
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/24/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to get a copy of the probate and you can contact the supreme court and they should be able to assist you if they have the file still.

If you know who the executor is, which is listed in the probate, then you can contact them as they should be holding it in trust.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards