Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

We need information to help us arrive at decisions regarding

Customer Question
our son Jason A. Ursini...
We need information to help us arrive at decisions regarding our son Jason A. Ursini (42 yo) who is living with us at present.
Jason is a recovering alcoholic and ice user. we think he is using again and is in with bad company. we believe he
is in trouble with the police. we think he has been to court on related issues in this past week. he will not communicate
with us and goes into panic attacks when we ask questions. we do not know whether to be scared or not. if we have some information we may have options. please help. What kind of record does he have and what kind of legal trouble is he in.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He has been living in the port melbourne, southbank suburbs for some years. his records may be with the st. kilda or south melbourne police. we have been waiting for him to get better (he has gone through the processes of detox , counselling, etc)
before helping him with a place of his own....he seemed to be on the mend but lately he has run up a lot of debt on our cards,
he abuses our cars with no license, he steals from us and he will not communicate in any way. He doesn't seem to care....if
we had some insight it may give us the luxury of being optimistic in some way and / or backing off and letting it happen.
1/23/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are going to have to speak to his doctor and get assistance to have him placed in care and supervision in hospital.

Does he have a treating doctor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but i think he manipulates....anyways, he says his doctors tell him he is okay and sends him off with (a) advice and (2) anti-depressants......he has had a lot of treatment over this past year....he has this wall of secrecy about him that we cannot penetrate.....we fell we need to know what his past and present encounters with the law are about and how deep they are.
We can then try to work around them....it is impossible to do this in the dark.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do you have access to records and court appearances / findings?

We cannot get that unless we are the solicitors on the record.

Have you spoken with his doctor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The answer or result is that you cannot help me because you do not have legal access the the information needed.
We do not know who the solicitor on record is....we are mushrooms....trying to dig up some information which can
assist us in helping our son. thank you anyways.
regards ***** ***** is not the money but I have been charged 4 times for this ' Í cannot help you' answer...i.e.
$81 /$58 / $1.45 / $5......there must be some mistake. Can your accounts people please have a look. I am happy to
pay but your site says 'no help' / 'no charge'' and you have not been able to help.
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor