Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Was just wondering my mum recently went to laos and

Customer Question
Hello was just wondering my...
Hello was just wondering my mum recently went to laos and apprently she got married but she now wants to terminate that marriage due to him not being the man she thought he was but her husband is black mailing her to pay him 5000 dollars and more to terminate the marriage...the thing is that she hasn't done any paperwork yet....just married through the traditional way....is there anything she can do or the law can do to stop the marriage going ahead
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/23/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is she back in Australia?

Good evening

She has to wait for 12 months and then she can apply for a divorce here in Australia. She has to show they are separated for 123 months.

Good luck

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards