How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44346
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Was just wondering my mum recently went to laos and

Customer Question

Hello was just wondering my mum recently went to laos and apprently she got married but she now wants to terminate that marriage due to him not being the man she thought he was but her husband is black mailing her to pay him 5000 dollars and more to terminate the marriage...the thing is that she hasn't done any paperwork yet....just married through the traditional there anything she can do or the law can do to stop the marriage going ahead
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is she back in Australia?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good evening

She has to wait for 12 months and then she can apply for a divorce here in Australia. She has to show they are separated for 123 months.

Good luck

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.