How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44177
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know how I can get sole custody of my daughter. I

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Everton & I want to know how I can get sole custody of my daughter. I live with my Mother & Father & have my daughter with me but her mother wants to take her & she has moved 6 hours away, could you direct me to the right way of doing this please.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes I do not have any money put away & I have just started a new job which I have secured a permanent role so my parents are there to help out. My partner & I have a volatile relationship & we cannot come to any real solutions. She already has my other son & daughter & I have tried to come to some sort of arrangement but she only wants our daughter back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I ti snot a simple question to answer. The law would like to see the child spend equal time with both parents.

You can refuse to allow them to move 5 hours away because this would not be in the childs best interests.

As the child is with you this will also be in your favour.

The Court and law applies the rule of what is in the childs best interests and here is some information

I hope this makes sense. Based on what you have told me she is not going to have it easy to take the child from you as the child is living with you.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.