How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter an Australian citizen wants to have unregistered

Customer Question

My daughter an Australian citizen wants to have unregistered marriage with an Australian married man with his registered wife Already, is it possible
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

If he is already married, and then for him to have a second marriage without divorcing his first wife is illegal.

If either party knows that they or the other party are already married, but proceed to marry anyway they will be committing an offence punishable by up to 5 years imprisonment.

I trust this assists your understanding.



Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

I note you have already viewed my answer.

If you have a followup question please ask, otherwise please rate my answer