Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My daughter has finished gh school in November 2015, she

Customer Question

My daughter has finished high school in November 2015, she turned 19 on 17/01/2016 and will start at university in February 2016. Her father and I have parents , she is living full time with me. Her father doesn't want to support her financially any longer my question is : Can he be forced to support her? The problem is when applying for financial assistance through Centre link she is still a dependent until her 21st year and the assistance she may be eligible for is mean tested, which means she will only receive little or nothing due to parent income
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is not simple the child support agency wont collect it.

But she may be able to apply to the courts.

Here is some information.

http://www.michaellynchfamilylawyers.com.au/when-is-adult-child-support-appropriate