Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Leon, sorry disruption yesterday afternoon due to bad

Customer Question
Hi Leon, sorry for the...
Hi Leon, sorry for the disruption yesterday afternoon due to bad weather. My email address is:***@******.***. I was the answer for yesterday question but didn't finish it due to the weather conditions. Could you please send it again? Thank you very much.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/20/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

Here is the response I sent to last nights question

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Your debts are not take into account when working out the pension.

If you receive and income then depending on how much it is will determine if the pension is reduced.

Here is the income test that sets out what the limits are

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/income-test-pensions

You can work out the pension by using the calculator below.

http://yourpension.com.au/APCalc/index.html

But the debts are not taken into consideration only your income.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards