Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Company took funds from my account i agreed to 42 per month…

Customer Question
company took funds from my...
company took funds from my account i agreed to 42 per month and they took 928 - which left me overdrawn and no access to any funds - can i seek compensation - since for 7 days i was without any money -
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
1/19/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

hello
Did they consent to the 42 month payment schedule?

they consented to a schedule of first payment being $42 and every month up to the amount of $968 a payment of $82 approxThe product was a tv shop purchase and it allowed for a 30 day trial - which I accepted - I did not give permission for any deduction other than this

Ok, so they must attend to the agreement made.
Email them. Demand that payment be reimbursed immediately and they to attend to the schedule agreed.
How did they attend to deducting that amount?

THey did reimburse the payment my issue is with regard to the compensation for the fact I had not funds as they overdrew my acoc**t

Hello
I would not suggest so. Not without confirming that you suffered a loss.
With respect, it was 7 days. You would need to prove that you suffered a loss.
Apart from you not having funds, did you suffer a loss?