How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5622
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a startup hair care company where i would like to

Customer Question

Hello, I have a startup hair care company where i would like to sell products that i have manufactured. I want to hire sales contractors. What kind of documents would i have to provide them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

A contractor agreement is all that is needed.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

the link above is a template that you can use also.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

At the end of the day, all you need is an agreement that the contractors are not employers, need to invoice you, not have their superannuation paid and be liable for their own costs.
Plus have an ABN and the like, along with insurance.
Make it clear that they are not employees.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do we need to registr the cotnract to the labor arbitet or it should be stipulated in the contract the name of arbiter
extra juidicial resolution of dispute, so that no court will intervene.At what point to stop the contract? it must be stated in the contract, that if the salesman cant meet the quota. dowe have the right to terminate the contract?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

No need for it to be registered.
Sadly however, you cannot contract out of a court being able to intervene.
You can have the contract terminated with notice, it is more appropriate than an 'end date.'

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What i am afraid of is when they leave, they will disclose our personal information to others. Is there documents for that too? or is that included in the agreement as well? They are also being paid in commissions only, is there any law on that and needed to be mentioned in the agreement?You also said they need an ABN and insurance. Do we have to collect there Insurance details? and is there any problems if we collect there personal details such as license, medicare just incase we run into problems in the future?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about bacground checks? is possible to do criminal checks?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

It would be seen as prudent for you to get their ABN and copy of insurance.
You can have them provide a criminal record also.
In respect of personal info, it maybe canvassed in the agreement, however it is matter for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, sorry im just getting really confused with agreements in general.I was told that i need a commercial agent agreement. What is the difference between the contractors agreement and commercial agents agreement?Also, With a terms of sales agreement, At what point do we issue this to the customer? Can we offer this with the tax invoice?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

They are both interchangeable.
You can offer it with the tax invoice.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.