How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44203
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in PNG SL citizen had an affair with a person (a uni

Customer Question

I live in PNG SL citizen had an affair with a person (a uni batchmate 20 years ago) who came to work in PNG . He holds Australian PR status. He was violent nature many time assaulted me even in front of my 13 years old twin son)I nver contacted police when these incident happened. He lost the job after an year left bk to australia but we used to meet in Australian time to time. He revealed that he holding my nude photos which were taken during our intimate moments and had made several threats to expose and completely ruine me . Over an incident occurred in Townsville I had to call police and police took a protection order against him later we reconciled , applied for a variation of the protection order with and understanding that we will sign a NDA . Variation on the PO was obtained and the NDA was only signed by two of us wity a cluase that it would be get it reviewed by a solicitor later and sign in front of solicitor. But it nver hapoened . Over arguments he always continue to verbely abuse me and always rem7in me of expressing my photos . i push him that we should sign the NDA properly he refused to do so. I had no way out I contacted his 17 year old son living with him via Facebook. He pretended he would help me from his farther harming me but wanted evidences . On his repeated requests I provided the evidence such as court order the places we met. After obtaining the evidence the son threat me that if I ever meet his farther he will ruin me infront of my peers and family (same like his father's threats) and also make sure his mothers divorce his farther. We met last weekend also in Aus but I was worried about son's threats of breaking their parents marriage then finally I told him _my partner I contacted his son and his threat. Since then my partner gone to police and complained against me and he says there is an investigation on that and further srnt me a note that I have breached the NDA and he will claim damages.
My questions are
1.NDA valid without getting it reviewed by a lawyer and without signing infront of a lawyer?
2. Whether My Contacting his son is an offence such a cyber crime ,or creating mental distress on him (as per my partner his son is minor)but he is 17+old
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.
What do you mean by an NDA?

Contacting his son is not a crime unless you were trying to blackmail him.

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

You have to be careful on what you do.

All the best and if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.