How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In w.a. how can co ownership of a house between a mother and

Customer Question

in w.a. how can co ownership of a house between a mother and her daughter be disolved
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

If you are joint owners and one of you wants to sell, then, absent a formal agreement which deals with this issue, the party wanting to sell can apply to a court for orders to force the other party to allow the sale.

The prudent thing to do when entering into a shared property arrangement is to formalise an agreement between the joint owners to cover situations where the parties subsequently want to go their separate ways.

I trust his assists your understanding.