How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I have had Tier 2 control placed on us by a

Customer Question

My wife and I have had Tier 2 control placed on us by a Group Home operator here in Tasmania under Tasmania's Work Health and Safety Act 2012. My wife's brother is intellectually disabled and is at the end of his life and is in palliative care. We visit him at his home every day. Can a Group Home operator impose this on us as we do not work for them. The problem arose when one of their staff gave false information to the Doctor and when my wife queried her she reacted by saying "don't speak to me like that" and then proceeded to order my wife out of the house. The staff member then apparently went to a doctor and got a certificate for what we don't know but her employer has used this to place this Tier 2 Control on us.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to know what they have issued in the complaint.

They have a right to do anything if they are looking after your brother in law in their facility.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't they surely have to justify their decision in a legal sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother in law has rights also but they have totally disregarded him in this action!
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

It all depends on what it says. Why they made it.

What exactly was the complaint against you that resulted in this.

If it is unreasonable then you can fight it. But until I know more I cannot give you more than that.