How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have enother question my child is 5years old when she goes

Customer Question

Hi I have enother question my child is 5years old when she goes with her mother and then when she comes back to me she is telling me that her step dad is going to Chang her last name when him and her mother get married by what my daughter is telling me can it be relevant in court
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

They cannot change the childs name without your consent.

You have to be careful using the childs words in court and how you use it.

If you wish to show that they are trying to alienate her from you this can be used.

But you have to be careful and you should not be doing this on your own this should be done using a solicitor that can structure the argument correctly if it is relevant.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?