How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is naja
, i hold a 457 visa which about to

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is naja
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i hold a 457 visa which about to expire in march and my wmployer want me to sponsor as a delivery and supply manger but i have bachelor in management account and diploma in community welfare
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Australia Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i am a student from nepal where, i hold 457 visa and a bachelor degree in management accounting and diploma in community welfare ,I have studied more then five years in Australia without gap ,now my current visa is about to finish but my English level is 6 each band in ielts is there any way i can still apply for regional or nsw state sponsor and what is the probability of me getting approve .i have done my professional course and also have some experience of doing general admin work somewhat related to my study . also my current employer is willing to sponsor me as delivery and supply manager as it is a logistic business with more then 40 full time employee and 3 sub contractor .
please need advice which is the best option and is there any possibility on my case as i have spent a lot of hard work and hope to be legally reside in australia and there is no option of me going back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I cannot tell you if you will be approved for a new visa there is not enough information.

If you have a sponsor then you apply and wait. If the new visa is not approved and you current visa expires you automatically go on a bridging visa and wait.

The bridging visa has the same conditions as your existing visa

But you must apply for a new one before the old visa expires.

I hope this makes sense?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon,Thank you for your response, It look like my question was not so clear or may be there is not full information, here are the things i really need your legal advice and your help.
1 . I have finish my Bachelor of account in 2013 then i apply for Temporary graduate visa (Subclass 485) which is approve and it is going to end in 2nd week of march and I want to apply PR on skilled migration but i have only 55 points including Professional course in total ,so I am trying to achieve higher Score in ielts so i can be eligible for it. but even if i have 60 points and apply i would not be able to stay in Australia if i dint get the Invitation before my current visa expires ,is it true ?
2. I am also very confuse regarding the Invitation,I heard because of high number of student applying for it the expectation bar has raised up to 70 to 80 points .
3. I have work for a logistic company for 6 years and running and they are saying they want to sponsor me as a employee but to do so Am I eligible with the bachelor degree i hold and there is (no accounting position as their book is handle by different accounting firm) , can they still sponsor me in other position ,For e.g. supply and distribution manger or any of that you could suggest .( as i have done some Business management subject too in my uni )
4. Last year I have done some clerical jobs in the same company which is somewhat close to my study .can i use that as a work experience as it will give me 5 points ,if yes what we need from the company as a proof.Dear Leon please suggest me if there is some way ,that i can still be able to stay in Australia and make my dream come true .and make all these years of spent time and hard work valuable.
Thank you for your information and guidance in advance .please feel free to ask me anything .My phone number is(###) ###-####,
Sincerely Yours
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

1. If you apply for a new visa and it is not approved before the expiration of your current visa you can stay on a bridging visa.

But you have to have lodged the application for the new visa before your current visa expires.

2. I am not able to assist here. I cannot say what they do.

3. If you can get a 457 visa with them you can stay here and after completing 2 years with them you can then look at a PR

This is all I can assist you with. I cannot suggest alternatives I am sorry to say. If you want more options you really should speak to a Migration agent and they will be able to assist.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.