How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neibour is persistently coming over too my house a lot of

Customer Question

Hi my neibour is persistently coming over too my house a lot of the time i dont answer the door as l like my privacy. I have deppression and suffer from bipolar with which when l am down makes me even more not wanting too socialize with him or any one for that matter l haved explanned too him and his wife how it affects me and too leave me be when l am like this recently my husband and myself shifted too another house not far away ( we live in a small farm and this house is still on our farm but on the other side of it)
So they know where we live he and his wife came around three days in a row just recently which the first day l didnt answer the door the next day he again came this time banging at the door and then when l thought they where going he banged loudly on my bedroom window which terrified me the third day he told my children who are now living in our ariginal house that he'd be over too mums house's three days in a row and l won't answer the door isnt this what should l do too stop this l just want too be lft alone and feel safe in my own home please help me diane
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have requested that he leave you alone and made it clear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iit isnt the first time I've had explain that l dont want too be visited and because l work early in the morning that l have arest in the afternoon most Do l have any thing legally that l could do too stop them dont l have a right too not answer my door its my property house as they seem to have short memories regards ***** ***** feel very anxious and nervous when l'm home on my own.We just purchased security cameras for our house give us when people are coming to enter our property giving me a sense of control. Legal options do l have regards diane
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

If they refuse to obey you may be able to get an order for them to stop coming over and harassing you from the Magistrates Court.

Because you are anxious etc you should use solicitors to assist in their drafting and filing in court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its not a easy thing too have too do as they have been our.neighbours for 7 years and l think I've tried my best too cope with this over the time,but its getting out of hand hes scaring me now they moved from interstate n.s.w to our state of Victoria and left all there family behind they are an older couple and l wonder whether maybe hes got a previous history can a solicitar find these thing out? Diane