How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44182
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother in law got stabbed while on prison and is now in

Customer Question

My brother in law got stabbed while on prison and is now in hospital. He is getting discharged while only being in there 4 days and i can clearly see he is not in the state to return to prison. what are his rights or what can we do about the situation?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The prison authorities should be placing him in a more secure section for his own safety. He has to request this from them. If the hospital believes that he is not ready to be released they should not release him.

You have to speak to the hospital about his release it is the hospital that makes this decision.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.


Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

I am just following up my last post. Are you in need of further assistance?

Related Australia Law Questions