How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an unusual legal question. Aprox 5 years ago, my Ex

Customer Question

Hello, I have an unusual legal question. Aprox 5 years ago, my Ex wife illegally accessed my email account, printed out intimate emails between my new girlfriend and I, then invited my Ex girlfriend over and showed the emails to her. At the time my ex girlfriend was a crucial witness for my family court issues. needless to say that I lost that witnesses support and that my ex wife then had me back in family court immediately after she had removed my witness.
Also, aprox 10 yrs ago, my ex wife perjured herself and had me wrongfully convicted of assault. This has damaged my reputation and has given my Ex wife repeated advantage in family court. Recently my ex wife took me back to family court and used DV to gain advantage.....again. My teenagers no longer want to live with their tyrant mother and have told me to get the police involved. The perjury should be very easy to prove if there are court records still available.
My questions are: Can I have my ex wife prosecuted for the above crimes. Should I get a lawyer to ask police to prosecute. Can she be sued for these criminal acts that have caused me a decade of suffering whilst giving her an unfair advantage in family court. Kind regards, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The perjury should have been dealt with at the time it is too hard to do it now as it is the court that she perjured herself in that has to deal with her.

If your children want to live with tou at the age of 14 they can make their own decision and leave their mother.