Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My son is dealing with an impossible situation. s x partner

Customer Question
My son is dealing with...
My son is dealing with an impossible situation. His x partner has defamed him badly and wrongly. She has repeatedly lied, manipulated situations and I am afraid she has the criteria of a psychopath. Through this my son has been treated badly by all officials, police, judges, councilors, etc. He does not know how to combat this. His character assassination has been abhorrent as he is not the person she makes him out to be eg. placing a number of dvo's against him. the police cannot even see that he was not even around when she has done this, he has never hurt her as she claims. Too much to go into here as her manipulation and deceit is endless.
My son would be one of the best fathers I know and his son adores him, yet the powers to be believe the mother and cannot see past her lying and setups. All that know my son Greg cannot believe what is happening to him and the dangerous situation she (Bec) has placed him in. Today at a meeting with an official the fellow made Greg hand his son over early as it suited the official. Greg was not ready for this and is extremely upset. My grandson is Archie, from here I hope the officials give Archie a chance to speak with them without the mother being present but it doesn't look like it. The official would be hard on Greg as all the things Bec has said about him. .
Q: I feel someone has to help Greg but I do not know who to approach and where to go from here. Greg desperately needs help. He thought his innocence was a good defence but I am afraid Bec has had it her own way from the start and now too long and has set the scene and it will be a hard fight to regain the truth in this. Bec is a psychopath and is dangerous.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I assume all of this is in Affidavits she has filed in court and statements made to the police.

Does he have a solicitor in any of the matters?

What you assume is correct.Greg does not have a solicitor but I think regarding the outcome oh Bec's barrage that he will need to now defend himself. Not sure how this will stand with the cost.

Good Afternoon

When is his next hearing.

She has to be shown to be a liar on the stand and then a request for her to be dealt with for purjery

If he is not working he may be eligible for legal aid.

Does she have any evidence on what she says?

Greg is working and I realize the cost of solicitors and court hearings would be one of the reasons he has not gone ahead with taking her to court. Initially Greg did see a solicitor in the Bowen area but I think the cost of going ahead would have deterred him.
Any proof that she has, has all been concocted by her. There is no proof of any harm as he has not harmed her in anyway. She is sly beyond belief. He actually has taped calls from her that if allowed in court would show people to see her true nature.
It is unbelievable the way the judges, police etc have spoken to and treated Greg and it has affected him greatly. His words to me was "Mum, this is not me, the person they are talking about and to". This is what Bec wants, she wants to destroy him.

Good Afternoon

What evidence does he have to go against her?

Greg has taped a phone call/calls ? but this is for her behaviour not to state she is lying.
When she has ordered the dvo's it has been around occasions of her having a boyfriend and didn't want Greg on the scene, also when she found out that Greg had a new girlfriend she went ballistic as she is extremely jealous. She phoned Greg and abused him and said that why didn't he want her for a girlfriend as she was much prettier than the new girl, and she went on to say that the new girl was ugly with buck teeth etc. At this time Greg had full care of Archie, this is when Bec took Archie out of school and took him away from his father. Because of spite with the other girl not because she wanted Archie full time as she had little care of him in the previous 2 years that Greg was the full time father.
I did think of approaching her family as she had issues with them as well. I do not think they will come forward as they also believe what she is telling them of Greg.
Bec went for 2 years or so of not talking to her mother.
The step-mother also had words with her and I don't think she is welcome there anymore.
She did tell me years ago that she was having some sort of therapy treatment prior to uni but didn't go into it. She has trouble holding down a job therefore I would imagine that trouble making may also show in the workplace but do not have proof of this. Greg and Bec did work together and he may be able to get some sort of evidence of her behaviour.
I refuse to talk to Bec now as I am afraid of what she is capable of.

Good Afternoon

He has When is the hearing for the.

I just spoke to Greg. There is no hearing scheduled as Bec now has full custody. The psychologist will be talking with Archie this afternoon.
Greg said that he cannot afford to take Bec to court. I told him what you have stated but he seems really down now that he has handed Archie back. He said when he gets back to Bowen he will put a dvo out on Bec so that she will not be able to phone him inappropriately and subsequently abuse him. Do you have an idea of what the court costs would be for this???
Honestly there should be a place where all the cost and etc doesn't come into it. At the initial and following court hearing Greg was not allowed to speak up for himself with the judge shouting him down and look where it has ended up. Innocence is no self defence.

Good Afternoon

He has to deal with all the lies in his affidavit before the hearing.

At the moment the court has not read them and he should get a solicitor to represent him and seek parts be struck out.

Also it may be appropriate to issue subpoenea to police about her record if she has any.

There is protocol about how and when to speak in court. You cannot cut a party off.

Here is some information

https://www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/sites/www.legalaid.vic.gov.au/files/vla-resource-how-to-run-your-family-law-case.pdf

It applies to all states

Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor