Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

My wife is working in a male dominated environment where she

Customer Question

My wife is working in a male dominated environment where she is exposed to filthy language, she is to scared to bring this up with HR, she doesn't want to br seen as a troublemaker and become more alienated from her workmates
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is there any policy about this at work?

What is the discrimination? I cannot see anything from what you are saying apart her being uncomfortable about the language used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you think this is an acceptable workplace?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

I think the use of filthy language is unacceptable but if she is not prepared to stand up to them and ask them to not use it then they will continue.

I cannot see discrimination though as you have mentioned.