How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son has been taken by child protective services from

Customer Question

my son has been taken by child protective services from school and given to his father who my son had informed a cp worker of sexual abuse from his father,an issue they took serious stopping access with his dad for 7 weeks while investigating. when the dad was informed by s.o.c.k.e.t he was under investigation i was set up by sons dad and charged by police for an incident that occured in share house 2days after police contacted the dad dhs t5ook my son because of this incident but ive pleaded innocent as i have alibi for the day and time it occured as i was in broadmeadows court all day. now jan 19th 2016 the criminal matter goes back to court to be dismissed prosecutor informed me police handling criminal case in big trouble as are witnesses and meantime matter has gone to childrens court the matter of my innocence and my sons safety and his dads abuse have been ignored dhs are covering up their massive mistake by making me look unfit.the childrens court ordered my son be with his dad and i have no rights. i have full custody of my son orders made 2013 in dandenong fed family mag court. no one has helped me my son is living with the person he fears and his predator please help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did the father abuse get reported to the Police and was he charged?

How long ago was your son taken?

Are there any orders against you from seeing the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi leon yes the abuse was reported to police and my son was spoken too but was withdrawn and afraid to share anything with son was taken march 2015 and i have full custody orders made in 2013 dandenong family federal magistrates court dhs have relied upon and acted on false accusations and information about myself made by the father and his friends and mother who have no contact with me or my son.the accusations made are going to be dismissed on january 19th in dandenong mag court i have had meetings with police prosecuters and have evidence backing my innocence regarding the matter in which dhs acted upon. in which case proves myself and son are victims ofv false allegations and my son has suffered not being with me and most certainly being given to his father who dhs originally stopped access wiyh him due to my sons speaking up about his abuse
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

You cannot seek compensation but if you can show that the allegations are false the court should deal with the other parent.

I am surprised that they gave the child to the father knowing that there were issues in the past.

I hope you have representation on the 19th January.