How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5596
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just trying to find some information friend of mine, s ex

Customer Question

Hi there, just trying to find some information for a friend of mine,
His ex wife has recently passed, but they have two children together, but problem is her family is refusing to let him have his kids, What are his rights, and how will he or I should say what will he have to do to have them kids??!@
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

He is at liberty to go there and pick up the kids.
Unless there is a court order giving her family parental rights, they are his kids.
They are actin in an illegal manner.
If they become difficult, then he can go to the family court, seeking an order for the kids to be returned and have them subject to a family law costs order (ie have them pay his legal bill if successful)

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The above link is an application to court.
Secondly, if he just speaks to a police officer and have them attend they premises to have the children removed, they MAY assist, however they are sadly not obliged to do so.

Please click ACCEPT and rate my service.
I am able to answer further after accepting, as well as contact you via phone for a fee.

I am a solicitor here in Sydney and undertake family law matters in practice.